Get Set - More Than Gold training day for churches
More Than Gold training day for churches in the East London region
Saturday 31 March
St Angela's School
This day will cover many angles of events' organising and include partnering ministries with specific expertise.
>>> Suggest more than one person per church goes so more seminars can be attended
>>> Two minibuses will be going from Thurrock, provided free of charge by Fruitful Land Tilbury and Socketts Heath Baptist Church
>>> When you register (see below) your place at Get Set, please also inform Tim Harrold (MTG Borough Champion) if you wish to book a place on one of the minibuses
Can't make this? There are also training days in other locations (see below).
What's happening at Get Set?
The workshop subjects
- This is the day every church needs so as to be ready for the 2012 Games
- You’ll leave with new ideas, strategies, skills and resources. All so your church can make the most of the 2012 Games.
- Each day is a Saturday from 10.30 to 4.30. With the cost is only £10 per person.
- Advance registration is essential to secure your workshop choices.
- For the full information on content and venues click here.
- Who should attend?
- Churches are encouraged to bring a team to Get Set. It is for all who play a key role in children, youth, outreach, events and more.
- The skills and insights learned will be of benefit long after the 2012 Games dust has settled.
When and where is Get Set?
- Choose 1 of 3 all-day sessions or 4 from the list of 8 electives.
- The full day choices:
- How to run a community festival that has an enduring impact
- Using sport to impact children, youth, adults and sportspeople in ways that last
- How to be a Games Pastor and develop your ongoing ministry
- Electives - choose up to 4 from:
- New to More Than Gold? – how your church can make the most of the Games
- How to reach and minister to children through the 2012 Games
- How to impact young people through the 2012 Games
- How to use the Torch Relay to impact your community
- How to build a strong prayer foundation for mission in your community
- How to make the most of an international Mission Team during your Games outreach
- How to do mission through the Paralympics
- How to take action over Games-related issues of social justice
All around the nation - those within reach of Thurrock are:
- 10th Central London
- 17th Greenwich
- 31st East London (West Ham) - the one the Thurrock Gold Champions are going to
You MUST register online - go to http://www.morethangold.org.uk/your-church/get-set-a-day-to-get-ready.html to do so.
- 21st Stevenage (Tim Harrold to lead seminar on MTG Prayer at this)
>>> Why not consider becoming a 'Gold Champion', representing your church with other local Gold Champions and being conduit for information from More Than Gold?
>>> Contact the Thurrock 'Borough Champion', Tim Harrold, for more information, on email@example.com.
>>> See http://www.morethangold.org.uk/your-church/church-representatives.html for more details on what it means to be a Gold Champion
>>> More info on everything London 2012-related at www.morethangold.org.uk
MORE THAN GOLD VIDEOS TO DOWNLOAD
Download a video from More Than Gold here to show to your leadership teams and congregations:
More Than Gold’s fast-moving DVD, Get Ready to Run, helps churches see the potential of the Games and their part in it.
There are two versions –
Both versions include –
- Church version (3 mins 39 secs) for services, home groups, etc, to open eyes to the opportunities the Games offer.
- Leaders version (6 mins 24 secs) with extra background and advice on the next steps.
(Either version is suitable for a congregation - the only difference is that the longer one is more detailed and informative.)
- Examples of past engagement with the Games
- Interviews with key people
- A soundtrack by Delirious?
The Olympic Torch comes to Thurrock on Friday 6 July, hitting Grays in the late afternoon.
Tim Harrold, 27/01/2012