More Than Gold GET SET Training Day just a week away - book now!
Thinking of getting involved in the Olympic Torch Relay or London 2012?
Then this is for you and your church!
More Than Gold training day for churches in the East London region
- Come along!
- Send someone!
- Send a team of people!
- Get set for the Torch Relay on 6 July!
- Get set for the MTG Thurrock Holiday Club from 23 to 27 July!
- Get set for Thurrock 2012!
- Free transport - see below!
Saturday 31 March
St Angela's School
This day will cover many angles of events' organising and include partnering ministries with specific expertise.
>>> Suggest more than one person per church goes so more seminars can be attended
>>> Two minibuses will be going from Thurrock, provided free of charge by Fruitful Land Tilbury and Socketts Heath Baptist Church
>>> When you register (see below) your place at Get Set, please also inform Tim Harrold (MTG Borough Champion) if you wish to book a place on one of the minibuses
What's happening at Get Set?
The workshop subjects
- This is the day every church needs so as to be ready for the 2012 Games
- You’ll leave with new ideas, strategies, skills and resources. All so your church can make the most of the 2012 Games.
- The day on Saturday 31 March is from 10.30 to 4.30. With the cost is only £10 per person.
- Advance registration is essential to secure your workshop choices.
- Who should attend?
- Churches are encouraged to bring a team to Get Set.
- Get Set is for all who play a key role in children, youth, outreach, events and more.
- The skills and insights learned will be of benefit long after the 2012 Games dust has settled.
Choose 1 of 3 all-day sessions or 4 from the list of 8 electives
The full day choices:
Electives - choose up to 4 from:
- How to run a community festival that has an enduring impact
- Using sport to impact children, youth, adults and sportspeople in ways that last
- How to be a Games Pastor and develop your ongoing ministry
You MUST register online - go to
- New to More Than Gold? – how your church can make the most of the Games
- How to reach and minister to children through the 2012 Games
- How to impact young people through the 2012 Games
- How to use the Torch Relay to impact your community
- How to build a strong prayer foundation for mission in your community
- How to make the most of an international Mission Team during your Games outreach
- How to do mission through the Paralympics
- How to take action over Games-related issues of social justice
http://www.morethangold.org.uk/your-church/get-set-a-day-to-get-ready.html to do so.
IMPORTANT - securing a minibus space
IF YOU'RE GOING AND WANT TO BOOK A PLACE ON ONE OF THE MINIBUSES, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CONTACT BEN ODEJE (FRUITFUL LAND, TILBURY) ON email@example.com / 07961 362610 OR ASHLEY LOVETT (SOCKETTS HEATH BAPTIST CHURCH) ON firstname.lastname@example.org / 07770 255644
MTG THURROCK PRAYER
FRIDAY 30 MARCH
AVELEY CHRISTIAN CENTRE
Stifford Road, Aveley
car park & entrance at back via Aveley Gardens
More Than Gold, 23/03/2012