CALL TO PRAYER - Bells of change
The 70 day cascade of prayer and praise will come to an end with the prayer relay finish in East London on the evening of 26 July and the Praise Bus will complete its journey on 27 July.
We want to invite everyone everywhere to pray 8.12 am on 27 July - please forward this invitation on.
At 8.12 am on 27 July 2012 the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games are calling for bells to be rung across our nations: any bell, anyone, anywhere. See www.allthebells.com
We feel this is a significant moment and want to invite everyone to pray wherever they are on that day!
We long to see a spiritual turning in our nation.
A number of people have been carrying words about the significance of bells:
- Bells were rung on 3 June at the Jubilee Pageant carried on the bell barge and were answered by church bells along the Thames.
- Bells will ring on 27 July 2012 at 08.12am
- A 27 ton bell will ring at 9pm on 27 July. It is twice the size of Big Ben and the largest tuned bell in Europe and will ring in the Olympic Stadium to start London 2012. It will carry the quote from The Tempest 'Do not be afeard; the isle is full of noises '.
World Prayer Centre has put together some scriptures and prayers for you to use; but feel free to pray how the Lord leads on that morning.
- Jonathan Bellamy http://www.crossrhythms.co.uk/articles/life/The_Bells_Of_Change/47694/p1
- Beni Johnson of Bethel Church had arecent word about the bells ringing in England Beni Johnson's Word for UK - May 2012
- Kathie Walters (www.kathiewaltersministry.com) who has mobilized thousands around the world to pray during the Jubilee and for the start of the games.
Download the revised Call to Prayer 27 July sheet TO THE LEFT OF THIS WEBPAGE or from http://www.worldprayer.org.uk/files/2012/07/Revised-Call-to-Prayer-27-July-8.12am-WPC-27_07_12.pdf
Please invite all you know!
M: 07917 465006 O: 0121 633 7393
E: email@example.comW: www.worldprayer.org.uk
World Prayer Centre, Cornerstone House, 5 Ethel Street, Birmingham B2 4BG, UK
Jane Holloway, 17/07/2012