Last Sunday, 22 June, the 2014 Transformation Thurrock Tour went to Socketts Heath Baptist Church in Premier Avenue in the Blackshots area of Grays.
The presentation contained much from previous talks on the tour, but did include two new slides reflecting themes that have arisen over the weeks. They were included in the ‘What is God saying?’ part of the presentation. These are:
Obedience liberates divine power
“ A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
This builds on the unforeseen but entirely God-engineered scenario at St Margaret’s on 5 May. Simply put, if we, as disciples who follow Christ obediently, act upon his ‘new command’, then it will have an effect in the surrounding community: the body be known as being friends with Jesus because its members treat each other as Jesus.
Mrs Ethel Jones, formerly of Grays Pentecostal Church, and who had a leg grow 3″ after prayer at a healing evangelistic mission in the 1930s, once spoke the maxim that “Obedience liverates divine power” – again, if we act in simple obedience, signs and wonders will follow.
We’re who we’ve been waiting for!
“I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one – I in them and you in me – so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.”
Another maxim in recent years has been, “We are the ones who we have been waiting for.” That is, we are the answers to our own prayers…
We are also the ones the world has been waiting for, if only it knew it. But the world can know it – if we tell them!
We are also the ones the earth has been waiting for. But the earth can know it – if we bless the land! Romans 8:19 says that, “… creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed.” 2 Chronicles 7:14 states that “… if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
And this can become a reality as those who call themselves believers take hold of their God-given identity, which is all tied up in the revelation that Jesus has given us the very same infinite glory that the Father has given him. Think of the implications. It’s staggering. It’s the kingdom perspective. It’s revolutionary. God is revealing this to the church at the present time, in order that the church be revealed to creation. As it declares in Jeremiah 22:29, “O land, land, land, hear the word of the Lord!”
And this is the glory that unites…
SHBC’s Minister Ashley Lovett has received a copy of the presentation’s contents so he can reflect upon and maybe speak further on these and other points raised by the Transformation Thurrock Tour.
Pictured are the SHBC building; the congregation; and their response to the interactive group discussion aspect of the morning.
The TT Tour’s next stop is at Destiny Chapel, who meet in tthe Culver Centre in Daiglan Drive, South Ockendon, on Sunday 29 June.
Where has the TT Tour gone and where is it going?
The 2014 TT Tour:
- 16 February – Fresh Hope Community (St Margarets’ Fresh Expression), Stanford le Hope – DONE!
- 2 March – Grays Methodist Church – DONE!
- 16 March – St Cedd’s, Stifford Clays – DONE!
- 23 March – St Mary’s, North Stifford – DONE!
- 30 March – Seabrooke-All Saints Mission Shaped Community (Thurrock Christian Fellowship), All Saints Centre, Grays – DONE!
- 6 April – Grays Baptist Church – DONE!
- 13 April – New Covenant Church, Grays – DONE!
- 4 May – St Margaret’s, Stanford le Hope – DONE!
- 18 May – St Mary the Virgin, Little Thurrock – DONE!
- 18 May – Stanford le Hope Salvation Army – East Thurrock United Service – DONE!
- 25 May – Grays United Reformed Church (part 1) – DONE!
- 8 June – Grays United Reformed Church (part 2) – DONE!
- 15 June – RCCG House of the Lord, South Ockendon – DONE!
- 22 June – Socketts Heath Baptist Church – DONE!
- 29 June – Destiny Chapel, South Ockendon
- 13 July – Tilbury Pride Mission Shaped Community (Thurrock Christian Fellowship)
- 9/10 August – RCCG House of Praise, Grays – details tbc
All dates in between these (apart from Easter Sunday, 20 April) and after up to and including 20 July are currently available.
The content is suitable for any fellowship Sunday service or prayer meeting no matter what your style or where you’re ‘at’.
If you’d like to book Tim and the TT Tour, please call 07929 878 089 or email him on email@example.com.
The presentation – which is adaptable – is made up of three sections and lasts about 45 minutes. It follows this simple structure:
- Information – Powerpoint presentation
- where we’ve been
- where we’re at
- where we’re going
- Interaction – small groups
- what is God saying?
- what are you going to do about it?
- who are you going to tell?
- Intercession – for Thurrock and the UK
- proclamations of blessing
- prayers of protection