Transformation Thurrock was founded by Tim Harrold in 2008 and became a charity in late 2016.
The name derives from the videos that were popular around the turn of the century called Transformations. These showed examples of communities that had experienced societal transformation and rejuvenation of the land as a result of united prayer and worship.
The phrase Transformation Thurrock provided the name of a prayer room at a number of 24-7 Prayer weeks in the borough between 2002 and 2007. Transformation Thurrock is a prophetic moniker which carries the aspiration to ‘do what it says on the tin’.
These days Transformation Thurrock facilitates weekly prayer meeting for those in a leadership role in the churches of Thurrock. It also acts a channel to help various activities across the borough, In 2020 as a result of a discussion at one of the quarterly Re-Fresh days a group of leaders joined together to consider what could be done to raise the awareness of Black Lives Matter. In 2021 it was the vehicle to successfully bid for government funds to help the homeless.
Unity, Prayer, Mission
Transformation Thurrock exists to facilitate and resource united prayer and united mission
Aims and purposes
- To glorify Father, Son and Holy Spirit through the establishment of unity across the Christian Faith Community
- To facilitate, resource and be an umbrella for joint prayer and worship, inter-church mission and training, and other activities that are open to all across the borough-wide church
- To network across denominations and cultures represented in the Christian Faith Community
- To provide opportunities for those in church leadership to connect, befriend and build relationships
- To build up the body as a whole from the grassroots up
to establish new groups of followers of Jesus
- To promote and be involved in social justice, social enterprise and change agencies from within and without the local church
- To bring together all believers in leadership and grassroots at events
- To create and support opportunities for outreach and evangelism
- To create links with other faith groups and encourage community cohesion