On Thursday 20 March 2014, the weekly Grays Leaders’ Prayer gathered at the new offices of RCCG Spring of Life Chapel above Kwikfit at Daneholes Roundabout.
Pastor Olu Olukoga and his wife Ola welcomed us up to the second floor of Viking House for the first of what is hoped to be many times.
Spring of Life have had to recently move from their previous home at Gratitude Plaza in Bridge Road – in what many will remember as the old Grays Pentecostal Church building. Their offices have located to Viking House (we didn’t see any Vikings!), and they now hold their services at the Hathway Academy (formerly The Grays School).
Pastor Olu and his congregation have a vision for a new building somewhere in the Grays area, so that was a topic for prayer. When they get their new building, it will be called Reheboth, which means, ‘Now the Lord has given us room and we will flourish in the land.’ after the well that Isaac unblocked in Genesis 26:22 (see below). Wells of salvation, healing and redemption for Thurrock, along with the transformational unity expressed through the GLP, became the main themes of the prayers.
Pastor Solomon Momodu was there representing RCCG Faith Foundation Fellowship, and they too are seeking permanent premises (they are currently meeting in Belmont Hall, Grays).
These are some of the scriptures that were mentioned during GLP’s hour together:
- Genesis 26:18-22
- Isaac reopened the wells that had been dug in the time of his father Abraham, which the Philistines had stopped up after Abraham died, and he gave them the same names his father had given them. Isaac’s servants dug in the valley and discovered a well of fresh water there. But the herdsmen of Gerar quarrelled with those of Isaac and said, ‘The water is ours!’ So he named the well Esek, because they disputed with him. Then they dug another well, but they quarrelled over that one also; so he named it Sitnah. He moved on from there and dug another well, and no one quarrelled over it. He named it Rehoboth, saying, ‘Now the Lord has given us room and we will flourish in the land.’
- Ezekiel 17:14
- … that the kingdom would be brought low, unable to rise again…
- Galatians 6:2
- Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfil the law of Christ.
- Job 42:10
- After Job had prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes and gave him twice as much as he had before.
- 2 Samuel 7:10
- I will provide a place for my people Israel and will plant them so that they can have a home of their own and no longer be disturbed.
The photo shows (from left to right):
- Maggie Watts (Grays Methodist Church)
- Rev Andy Higgs (Stifford Parish)
- Pastor Solomon Momodu (RCCG Faith Foundation Fellowship)
- Andy Blakey (All Saints Centre, Grays)
- Bidemi Alaran (RCCG Spring of Life)
- Jimi Fawehinmi (New Covenant Church, Grays)
- Ola Olukoga (RCCG Spring of Life)
- Celia Brockhurst (Grays Baptist Church)
- Pastor Olu Olukoga (RCCG Spring of Life)