Recruiting Community Support Engagement Officer Salary £27K per year
Location Tilbury and Grays – Thurrock
Hours Full time – 30 hours per week
Submission Monday 16 October 2023 at 23:59pm
Interviews will be held on: Friday 20 October 2023
One Community Development Trust an award-winning social enterprise based in the heart of Tilbury, is in search of a dynamic Community Support Engagement Officer. The ideal candidate will have lived-experience and proven track record in customer-focused environments delivering exceptional service with empathy and compassion to people who need support to help fulfil their potential.
In this brand-new role, the successful candidate will be working with vulnerable customers, offering innovative ways of engaging with them in a holistic person- centered way. You must have good knowledge of Tilbury and Grays area in Thurrock, and be willing to travel by public transport, or by car, in and around the Thurrock area to different venues to support our customers – travel expenses will be paid for this purpose. You will be very passionate about assisting our customer’s employment and career goals. In addition, you will also encourage them to pursue relevant training courses, workshops, and job fairs to help them to develop job-ready skills.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- You will be a self-starter, who can work with customers, employers and partner organisations through a combination of face to face, digital and telephone contact on a daily basis.
- You will have proven experience in building positive relationships that encourages, motivates, and builds trust in customers to achieve results.
- You will be willing to develop an in-depth knowledge of local employment opportunities and to match our customers to job and apprenticeship opportunities to suit their goals and aspirations.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS CONTINUED
- You must be organised, and willing to work independently as well as within a diverse team to meet agreed deadlines.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both verbally, and in writing, in order to help develop action plans for our customers, and assist them in following through with it.
This post is match-funded by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) through their flexible support fund
One Community is committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practices that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make reasonable adjustments to always ensure a
fair and equitable process and work environment.
To be considered for this position, please apply by email with your tailored CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org address for the attention of Ewa Zbikowska
To find out more about the role before making a formal submission of your CV and covering letter – speak to Ewa on 01375 768233
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email for interview
Releasing local potential
Registered in England as One Community Development Trust Company No. 06823436
Charity No. 1130253