LZ7 have appeared at two local secondary schools so far this week in the countdown to the Rock Thurrock main events at the weekend.
Yesterday (Monday 19th) they appeared at The Grays School Media Arts College and today (Tuesday 20th) they appeared at Hassenbrook School in Stanford-le-Hope.
At both they took assemblies, did some lessons, and held lunchtime concerts. They have been giving away many Rock Thurrock tickets.
Their high-octane raw-energy presentations have had hoards of young people dancing and pogo-ing in their assembly and sports halls. Colin Baker described the experience as ‘awesome’.
Tomorrow (Wednesday 21st), LZ7 are doing the same at the Gateway Academy which serves Tilbury and Chadwell. They are doing two lunchtime concerts there.
On Thursday 22nd, the band are appearing at Palmer’s College, and on Friday 23rd at Ormistion Park Academy on the Kenningtons Estate in Aveley.
- Pray for LZ7 – for the band members and crew
- Pray for each of the schools and the college they’re visiting –
- The Grays School Media Arts College
- Hassenbrook, Stanford-le-Hope
- Gateway Academy, Tilbury
- Palmers College, Grays
- Ormiston Park Academy, Aveley
- Pray that many young people will want to come to Rock Thurrock as a result of hearing the band
- Pray that all those who take tickets will actually go!
- Pray for a move of the Holy Spirit upon the hearts of young people across the borough – for healing in Jesus’ name for the broken, the hurt, the abused, the rejected and the lost – bringing them to faith in the Saviour of the world, Jesus Christ.
- Also, pray for the members of the EEI team – the Emerging Evangelists Institute – who will be visitng the Harris Academy (formerly Chafford Hundred Campus) on Thursday 22nd, as well as going to two of the Bar’N’Bus nights (Tuesday – Grays; Thursday – Corringham) and evangelising in Ockendon, Grays and Tilbury markets
- Pray for the Convent in Grays where there is a Rock Thurrock poster up in every classroom!
- Pray for other secondary schools not mentioned abovet:
- The Ockendon School
- William Edwards, Stifford Clays
- St Clere’s, Stanford-le-Hope
- Gable Hall, Corringham
- Lookng ahead to 2012, pray for continued favour as GSUS Live returns to Thurrock in the first half of the Autumn term, with the potential to visit up to eight of these schools
The photos published here have the permission of the schools. Taken by Caroline Smith, the top two (and the one on the frontpage) show LZ7 at The Grays School, and the bottom two at Hassenbrook.
The video was filmed at Hassenbrook School by our good friend and colleague Michael Casey of YourThurrock. Link:
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWjLf0rfvz4 – This Little Light
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C4XwH7UitU – This little Light extended version in HD
GSUS Live links:
Volunteers will be needed for GSUS Live Sept.-Oct. 2012 (this will be the fourth time it’s come to the borough, previous visits being in 2002, 2005 and 2008) to present and provide technical back-up. We booked this after the last time it came! Watch this space!