from Ayo Oshunremi at Inspiration Youth Call
What are the reasons for mental health related issues?
There are various reasons why an individual may experience mental health related issues. Let me attempt to give you a list from my personal experience.
- Psychological trauma from childhood
- Social isolation
- Undiagnosed learning issues
- Prolonged domestic abuse
- Prolonged neglect and abuse
- Subtle bullying
- Lacking sense of identity and belonging
- Sense of insecurity
- Sense of inadequacy
- A case of self-fulfilling prophecy – negative word spoken over an individual particularly from parents/carers
- Accused of attention seeking
- Confusion and misdirection
- Emotional scars from childhood
- Prolonged financial bondage
- Sense of failure and regret
- Blamed for every unpleasant situation
- Prolonged unemployment and joblessness
- Unrealistic expectations from family
- Underlying emotional issues
- Spiritual related matters
- Low self-esteem and value
- Relationship related issues
- Prolonged misunderstanding
- A case of prolong bitterness and un-forgiveness.
- Broken relationships
- Expecting someone to own up for the wrong or offence they may have caused.
When an expected apology or remorse is not forthcoming it may leave someone feeling very bitter and broken inwardly – that in its self can easily lead to mental health related issues. Do yourself a favour – develop a forgiving heart and let go. The person(s) that may have offended you one way or the other – may just never admit they have done anything wrong. The person(s) may do everything to cover up there wrong doings. Set yourself free from the hurt of the past and start living a fulfilled life.
Please take a moment to pray for someone you know going through the issues listed above. I have personally experienced some of those issues myself and it is by the grace of God that I am gradually overcoming them.
The God that I know is More Than Able.
Refrain from jumping to conclusions about people just show love and compassion. We can never tell what goes on in the mind of each individual and their experiences of lif