This week the 2014 Transformation Thurrock Tour arrived at the Seabrook-All Saints Thurrock Christian Fellowship Mission Shaped Community in John Street, Grays.
On Sunday 30 March, Tim & Vera Harrold received a warm welcome to their old stomping ground (Tim was youth leader at TCF from 2000 to 2004) from overseeing team member John Freeman and worship leader for the day Harold Hoyte.
This week, the TT Tour content reverted to the Powerpoint presentation that was given previously at Fresh Hope Community, Grays Methodist Church and St Cedd’s – at St Mary’s in North Stifford Tim gave a talk without the visuals, but nevertheless engaged in conversation with those present.
After the initial information-giving section, and as with the other fellowships, there was a very productive time of interaction where small group prayer and discussion took place, followed by a time of feedback, with Vera writing the results on a flip chart (right).
The conclusions of everyone there were all full of potential. Now the challenge is to move from “What is God Saying?” to “What are you going to do about it?” The sheet has been put up in the building as a ‘memorial’ of the morning, for prayer and for action.
Next Sunday, 6 April, the TT Tour goes to Grays Baptist Church.
Where has the TT Tour gone and where is it going?
The 2014 TT Tour is growing all the time, and looks like this:
- 16 February – Fresh Hope Community (St Margarets’ Fresh Expression), Stanford le Hope – DONE!
- 2 March – Grays Methodist Church – DONE!
- 16 March – St Cedd’s, Stifford Clays – DONE!
- 23 March – St Mary’s, North Stifford – DONE!
- 30 March – Seabrooke-All Saints Mission Shaped Community (Thurrock Christian Fellowship), All Saints Centre, Grays – DONE!
- 6 April – Grays Baptist Church
- 13 April – New Covenant Church, Grays (starts 11am)
- 4 May – St Margaret’s, Stanford le Hope
- 18 May – St Mary’s, Little Thurrock (starts 9.30am & 11am)
- 18 May – Corringham Salvation Army – East Thurrock United Service (starts 3pm)
- 25 May – Grays United Reformed Church (part 1)
- 8 June – Grays United Reformed Church (part 2)
- 29 June – Destiny Chapel, South Ockendon
- 13 July – Tilbury Pride Mission Shaped Community (Thurrock Christian Fellowship)
All dates in between these (apart from Easter Sunday, 20 April) and after up to and including 20 July are currently available.
The content is suitable for any fellowship Sunday service or prayer meeting no matter what your style or where you’re ‘at’.
If you’d like to book Tim and the TT Tour, please call 07929 878 089 or email him on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The presentation – which is adaptable – is made up of three sections and lasts about 45 minutes. It follows this simple structure:
- Information – Powerpoint presentation
- where we’ve been
- where we’re at
- where we’re going
- Interaction – small groups
- what is God saying?
- what are you going to do about it?
- who are you going to tell?
- Intercession – for Thurrock and the UK
- proclamations of blessing
- prayers of protection
Look at the feedback sheets of other fellowships around the borough for areas and ideas of commonality to see where the Holy Spirit is speaking to the borough’s church.
See the article here http://www.thurrock-celebrates.org.uk to read about SAS TCF MSC’s involvement (along with volunteers from Grays Baptist Church and other places) in the Grays Beach Lightship Cafe.