by Tim Harrold
On Sunday 29 June, the Transformation Thurrock Tour 2014 was hosted by Destiny Chapel, who meet in the Culver Centre on Daiglan Drive in South Ockendon.
Pastored by Frank Gaisie, Destiny Chapel has a keen sense of reaching out into the community. The motto of the church is Transforming Lives, Fulfilling Destiny. This was the perfect starting point for the presentation!
How did the TT Tour transform lives at Destiny Chapel?
By helping folk to see God’s bigger picture of…
- identity in Christ and its implications
- the power of true unity
- how the Holy Spirit is challenging the church
How did the TT Tour fulfil destinies at Destiny Chapel?
By helping folk to live out God’s bigger picture by…
- listening to God
- downloading vision and purpose for individuals and the fellowship
- considering together how to action these things
It’s all about engagement, envisionment, empowerment and enablement…
Jesus believes in us!
Jesus believed in his rugged band of raw recruits to go and make disciples of all nations… and we are the inheritors of that same commission, full of the same emboldening Spirit, ready to be witnesses, broadcasting the good news, with signs and wonders following… Disciples making disciples who make disciples who make disciples…
There were four discussion groups and out of these came many ideas, pictures and the prophetic, which Vera wrote up on a flip chart. Some of what was written was peculiar to Destiny Chapel, but there were also some recurring themes that we’ve seen in other fellowships across the borough.
Photos show (from top to bottom):
- The congregation at Destiny Chapel during grouo discussion
- Me, Vera and Frank at the start of the presentation
- Vera conveying her thoughts while writing up the feedback on the flip chart
- The flip chart sheet afterwards
The TT Tour’s next stop is at Tilbury Pride Mission Shaped Community (Thurrock Christian Fellowship), on Sunday 29 June.
Where has the TT Tour gone and where is it going?
The 2014 TT Tour:
- 16 February – Fresh Hope Community (St Margarets’ Fresh Expression), Stanford-le -Hope – DONE!
- 2 March – Grays Methodist Church – DONE!
- 16 March – St Cedd’s, Stifford Clays – DONE!
- 23 March – St Mary’s, North Stifford – DONE!
- 30 March – Seabrooke-All Saints Mission Shaped Community (Thurrock Christian Fellowship), All Saints Centre, Grays – DONE!
- 6 April – Grays Baptist Church – DONE!
- 13 April – New Covenant Church, Grays – DONE!
- 4 May – St Margaret’s, Stanford-le-Hope – DONE!
- 18 May – St Mary the Virgin, Little Thurrock – DONE!
- 18 May – Stanford le Hope Salvation Army – East Thurrock United Service – DONE!
- 25 May – Grays United Reformed Church (part 1) – DONE!
- 8 June – Grays United Reformed Church (part 2) – DONE!
- 15 June – RCCG House of the Lord, South Ockendon – DONE!
- 22 June – Socketts Heath Baptist Church – DONE!
- 29 June – Destiny Chapel, South Ockendon – DONE!
- 13 July – Tilbury Pride Mission Shaped Community (Thurrock Christian Fellowship)
- 9/10 August – RCCG House of Praise, Grays – details tbc
Feel you’ve missed out and still want to have the TT Tour visit you? Then simply book Tim and the TT Tour by calling 07929 878 089 or email him on email@example.com.
The content is suitable for any fellowship Sunday service or prayer meeting no matter what your style or where you’re ‘at’.
The presentation – which is adaptable – is made up of three sections and lasts about 45 minutes. It follows this simple structure:
- Information – Powerpoint presentation
- where we’ve been
- where we’re at
- where we’re going
- Interaction – small groups
- what is God saying?
- what are you going to do about it?
- who are you going to tell?
- Intercession – for Thurrock and the UK
- proclamations of blessing
- prayers of protection