Report of last week’s Thurrock Leaders’ Prayer held in Woodside, Grays, on Thursday 23 April
This is the gist of several words and pictures that came out of our prayers.
Celia Brockhurst St Erkanwakd’s, Barking
- The leaders must stand up knowing their place in God, lest Thurrock miss it’s blessing
Jimi Fawehinme New Covenant Church, Grays
- Acts 13:1-3 Now there were in the Church at Antioch both prophets and teachers—Barnabas, for example, Simeon surnamed Niger Lucius the Cyrenian Manaen the foster-brother of the governor Herod and Saul. While they were worshipping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit spoke to them, saying, “Set Barnabas and Saul apart for me for a task to which I have called them.” At this, after further fasting and prayer, they laid their hands on them and set them free for this work.
- The group must intentionally create a time of worship and to hear from God together
Bob Love St Cedd’s, Stifford Clays
- We must set a ‘footstool’ – not just minister to the Lord, but be ministered by the Lord
- To Tim –
- Don’t keep looking back
- This ministry is to be a pebble dropped in water which will create ripples not just across the borough but beyond
- Man of God, stand!
Dennis Brockhurst St Erkanwakd’s, Barking
- 1 Corinthians 12 One body, many parts
- A hand may lose a finger – it can still function, but it is disabled
- The hand of authority a complete body part and is never disabled
Bob Love – to Tim
- “I give you a new key” – enacted this
- It is a new key to open new doors
- Bob did not know that at the start of this year, on exactly 8th anniversary of finding another key, Tim found a key outside my house; and then 2 weeks ago his son in Sheffield realised after 9 months of living in his current house that the front door key has written on it “H Harrold & Sons” and the word “Unique”
Frank Gaisie Destiny Chapel, South Ockendon
- 1 Corinthians 14:7-10 Even in the case of lifeless things that make sounds, such as the pipe or harp, how will anyone know what tune is being played unless there is a distinction in the notes? Again, if the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle? So it is with you. Unless you speak intelligible words with your tongue, how will anyone know what you are saying? You will just be speaking into the air. Undoubtedly there are all sorts of languages in the world, yet none of them is without meaning.
- Transformation Thurrock is a trumpet
- Give a clear distinct sound
- Bold broadcasting of salt and light
- Truth always stands
- Things declared on this platform must and will be so clear that people know where to come for direction
Andy Blakey All Saints Centre, Grays
- This is greater than Transformation Thurrock
- It is for all the church
- John 17:20-23 My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one – I in them and you in me – so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
- … had a vision of church leaders walking together in a mist
- The mist is the presence of God, the Shekinah Glory
- Such a cloud was present at Azusa Street, San Francisco, in 1906 – it was so thick that children played hide and seek in it. A similar cloud has also appeared more recently in meetings at Bethel Church in Redding, California
If you’re praying for Transformation Thurrock and the borough, and have any words or pictures, please send them to email@example.com