The event is on Easter Weekend – Saturday 11th April 2020, 17:00 at Harris Riverside in london Road Purfleet
On the day we have:
- Ohara Davies (a professional boxer) who will be sharing his story – being involved in crime to having his life changed through boxing.
- Steve Addison MBE (founder of Box Up Crime) who uses boxing as a tool to inspire, educate and develop young individuals, specifically those who have been involved in crime.
- Amani Simpson was stabbed seven times in an attack in 2011, in the chest, arms and legs. He lived to tell the story and to make a film. He mainly goes into schools now to inspire youth.
- Goons4God are a Christian rap group with some of its members being formerly involved with gangs and now use their music to reach youth.
- Also, we will have an exhibition on the day from young boxers.
Our aim is to use this event as a means to inspire youth and infuse hope that there is a way out of the trap (in particular gang culture).