Fast Day on Thursday 1 November
The GSUS LIVE Core Team have agreed together to call a fast from food on Thursday to bring to the Lord the After Party the following day – to intercede concerning every aspect:
- for LZ7, the band – their music and their message
- for the Massive Tech technical team and all the sound and lighting logistics
- for GSUS LIVE team members, kitchen team, roadies and stewards all performing various tasks throughout the day and evening
- for the venue – safety and security and spiritual atmosphere
- for the young people who come – up to 750 tickets will have been given out
- for the response – from which will be established discipleship ‘clusters’ using LZ7 materials in the borough’s schools
- for the outworking of Isaiah 58:6,12 across the Thurrock
Isaiah 58:6,12 NIV
Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?
… Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations;
you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.
Caroline Smith of the GSUS LIVE Core Team was inspired to suggest a fast by these verses.
Prayer Walk around the Civic Hall and Blackshots Leisure Complex on afternoon of Friday 2 November
If you are free in the day on Friday, please feel free to come and pray around the buildings where the GSUS LIVE After Party will take place. In particular, at approximately 3.30pm, the team members who are present will be undertaking a prayer walk around the interior of the Hall and exterior of the facility. We will be:
- declaring the Lordship of Jesus Christ over the Civic Hall and Blackshots area
- praising and worshipping God
- sweeping clean the Civic Hall from any residue of opposing spiritual forces left by other events
Prayer Team at the Civic Hall on evening of Friday 2 November
We would like to invite you to be part of a prayer team at the GSUS LIVE After Party.
- You will be stationed in a discreet corner of the foyer
- Please email email@example.com if you’d like to be part of this
Pray anyway, anywhere on evening of Friday 2 November
If you can’t – or don’t want to – come to the Civic, then please:
- pray at home, on your own or in groups
- arrange your own prayer meetings
- intercede for the GSUS LIVE After Party at your already-existing church prayer meeting
Use all the points outlined above.
Some other thoughts to contemplate, from Edwin Hughes (who had the original vision for Rock Thurrock):
Go out through your gates, people of Jerusalem! Go out!
Prepare the way for the rest of your people to return.
Build up the road! Build it up!
Remove the stones.
Raise a banner over the city for the nations to see.
- Felt God saying this scripture is really important for this time.
- That we must get out through our gates (our churches) to build up the road and remove all obstacles that will enable those who are lost and broken to return to Him.
- To raise up a banner of newness that will be seen clearly by everyone and no longer hidden inside the edifices of our meeting places.
We sill require a few more people who are prepared to be stewards at the GSUS LIVE After Party.
Stewards are required to be at the Civic Hall at 6.15pm when they will be briefed on the event.
Your role will be to:
- ensure the safety of the young people in the hall (it’s a standing-only event)
- help with directing young people in the event of a call to show interest in following Jesus (this does NOT involve ‘counselling’)
- help with the safe emptying the hall once the LZ7 performance ends (about 9pm)
- help with the safe emptying the building (about 9.30pm)
- to continually pray throughout for every aspect of the evening
- to help clean up the hall once it’s empty – many hands make light work!
Other key times:
- doors open to the public at 7pm
- LZ7 will begin their set at 7.30pm
- the aim is for the building to be emptied by about 10pm
- the aim is for the hall to be cleaned and put straight by 10.30pm
If you would like to be part of the stewarding team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org NOW!
There are still a few tickets available (on Monday 29 October) – email email@example.com if you’d like any for your churched young people to bring their unchurched f